Current Change List
- Increased the chances for melee sync-kills to occur.
- Fixed an issue with all units gaining experience from kills. Only units that fight will gain experience. Heroes will still gain experience just by being near the fighting.
- All infantry weapon damage reduced by 15% with the exception of anti-vehicle, sniper and artillery weapons.
- All heroes health reduced by 10% to reflect global damage change.
- Some melee units reduced in health by 10%.
- Suppression units' damage at long range reduced, suppression against cover reduced a little.
- melee_heavy damage to vehicle reduced to 0.5, from 1. Damage against building reduced to 0.5, from 1.
- power_weapons_pvp damage to vehicle reduced to 0.15, from 0.25.
- Plasma damage vs vehicles increased to .2 from .15
- Flamer damage vs garrison increased to 3.5 from 2.5, vs heavy cover to 2.5 from 2.
- Increased grenade damage modifier to garrison cover to 1.25 from 1.
- Reduced grenade pvp damage modifier against generators to 1 from 1.5.
- All vehicle deaths now generate heavy cover.
- Melee special attacks no longer knockdown retreating units.
- Increased uncapture time for requisition and power points to 15 seconds, from 10.
- HQ health decreased to 10,000, from 15,000.
- Requisition points are now updated to use a new system. Points are worth +10 upon capture, but this value now increases by +5 every 15 seconds up to a maximum of +35. When uncaptured, this value resets to +10.
- Requisition points will no longer be reduced in resource rate in larger games.
Here we have some nice global changes that will add some interesting flavor the game. In all my multiplayer games I have never seen the bases of the teams get attacked - ever. Maybe now with the change of health of the HQs it will be a much more common occurrence than before.
I also like the change in the requisition capturing and production system. This means that the longer you hold resource points in Dawn of War 2 the more you will benefit from holding them. I envision that this will increase a players desire to protect their points while at the same time harassing and decapping their opponents points in order to prevent them from receiving the same type of benefit.
The reduction in overall damage does raise a few concerns for me, but I have yet to test out these changes in the actual games to figure out if this is going to hurt Dawn of War 2 in the long run.
- Avatar and Carnifex are no longer instantly killed by drop pods.
- Fixed an issue with space marine base turrets being able to rotate 360 degrees.
- Missile Launcher reload time reduced to 6 seconds, from 8. Accuracy against large targets increased to 1, from 0.75. Damage reduced to 160, from 175.
- Sergeant cost increased to 75/25 from 50/25.
- Fixed an issue the with tactical marine sergeant having a shorter range than the rest of the squad which would cause him to run up to the enemy.
- Plasma gun damage increased from 65 to 90.
- Flamer damage increased from 12 to 14.
- Tactical Marine HP increased from 300 to 350.
- And They Shall Know No Fear damage reduction modifier reduced to 0.6, from 0.5. Knockback chance decreased to 50%, from 100%. Damage price increased to 1800, from 1200.
- Dreadnought assault cannon upgrade requisition cost increased to 100, from 45
- Terminator zeal cost reduced to 700, from 900.
- Assault terminator zeal cost reduced to 700, from 900.
- Sniper rifle cost changed to 150/35 from 100/60, damage increased to 170 from 150.
- Shotgun knockdown chance reduced to 15%, from 25%.
- Infiltrate energy drain increased to 1.5/sec, from 1/sec.
- Scout Sergeant detection radius set to 30.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Frag Grenades to deal far less damage than intended.
- Leader cost increased to 60/25 from 50/25
- Fixed an issue with Scouts dealing more melee damage than they should have been.
- Techmarine Heavy Bolter turret damage reduced to match the other turrets.
- Melta bomb fixed to affect Carnifex mobility.
- Fixed an issue that caused Meltabombs to have a chance to miss their target.
- Assault Marine Sergeant cost increased to 100/25 from 50/25
- Assault Marine Sergeant health increased to 440, from 320.
- Jump energy cost increased to 70, from 55.
- Force commander teleporter pack armor req cost increased to 100.
- Force commander 2 handed hammer special attack damage reduced to 30, from 50.
- Force commander Flesh Over Steel stun duration reduced to 8 seconds, from 10.
- Fixed an issue with the Heal ability not being able to target Terminators.
- Apothecary Armor of Purity health increase reduced to 100.
- Apothecary Armor of Purity heal cooldown reduction bonus reduced to 0.65, from 0.5.
- Apothecary heal tuned to heal heroes more, heal over time effect reduced
- Apothecary chainsword damage reduced to 33 from 38.
- Apothecary Sanguine Chainsword damage reduced to 50, from 65.
- Apothecary power axe damage reduced to 85, from 100.
- Angels of death cost increased to 500 from 400, cooldown increased to 3 minutes from 1 minute.
- Techmarine mine cost increased to 65 energy from 50.
- Blessing of the Omnissiah recharge time increased to 150, from 50.
- Predator Autocannon now has a 100% chance to generate cover when it hits the ground, up from 50%.
Space Marines are the faction that I have logged the most time on in Dawn of War 2 and I am pretty pumped to check out how these changes affect my ability to play the other races. I am a little saddened to see Scouts get a reduction in damage, but I will save my final judgments until I get to test things out some more.
- Falcon and Fire Prism can now reverse.
- Webway gate psychic might cost increased to 125 from 90.
- Fixed an issue with the Fleet of Foot tool tip not saying that it causes a damage reduction.
- Eldritch storm crater now generates light cover.
- Shuriken Catapult damage decreased to 12, from 14.
- Warlock Leader cost increased to 65/15, from 50/15.
- Banshee War Shout radius reduced to 8, from 15 and will no longer affect retreating units.
- Banshee charge speed bonus reduced to 2 meters/s from 3 meters/s
- Banshee Exarch leap damage reduced to 20 from 40.
- Knockdown from Banshee leap removed.
- Banshee Exarch gains knockdown on leap with Executioner upgrade.
- Executioner special attack no longer affects allies.
- Aspect of Banshee changed to provide Warshout and Exarch Executioner.
- Exarch upgrade changed to provide squad speed increase.
- Exarch upgrade cost increased to 85/15 from 50/15.
- Detection radius set to 30.
- Long Rifle damage increased to 180, from 160.
- Ranger cost decreased to 360/25.
- Farseer Armor of Asuryan requsition cost increased to 200 from 150.
- Farseer Rune Armor health regeneration reduced.
- Seer council zeal cost reduced to 600.
- Seer council req cost reduced to 700.
- Seer Council Singing spear damage reduced to 80 from 100.
- Warlock providence now affects Ethereal Slash cooldown.
- Warlock energy drain on Merciless Witchblade reduced to 30 per hit, from 60.
- Warlock Witchblade of Kurnous cost increased to 125/30.
- Warlock Warp Throw power cost increased to 45.
- Warlock Warp Throw recharge time increased to 45 seconds.
- Fixed an issue that caused Haywire Grenades to have a chance to miss their target.
- Warp Spider Deathspinner damage reduced to 21, from 25.
- Warp Spider Exarch damage reduced to 34, from 37.
- Warp spider Exarch damage modifier removed.
- Exarch upgrade cost increased to 85/15.
- Aspect of Warp Spider cost increased to 50/20.
- Jump cost increased to 30 energy.
Warp Spider Exarch
- Warpspider Exarch Phase Shift duration reduced to 10 seconds.
- Warpspider Exarch Entangle duration reduced to 5 seconds.
- Warpspider Heavy Gauge Filament energy drain increased to 4.5 per second from 3.5.
- Spider's Brood cost increased to 350 requisition, from 125.
- Jump cost increased to 30 energy.
- Group Teleport cooldown increased to 90 seconds.
- Singularity ability on D-cannon fixed to deal damage at correct time.
- D-cannon damage increased to 220 from 120, damage table changed.
- Wraithlord Shuriken Cannon damage reduced from 300 to 200.
- Wraithlord Brightlance damage reduced to 100, from 170.
- Wraithlord Brightlance upgrade requisition cost increased to 100, from 60. Power cost reduced to 40, from 60.
- Wraithlord Shuriken Cannon upgrade requisition cost increased to 100, from 40.
- Dispersed beam area reduced to 10 meters, Focused beam damage increased to 200, reload decreased to 7 seconds from 8
- Fire Prism shot now generates light cover instead of heavy cover.
- Avatar cost increased to 1000/250, hp increased to 7000 from 6000, leveling curve on hp decreased to 10% per level from 15%, build time increased to 90 seconds
- Slugga Nob cost increased to 75/25, from 50/25.
- Mekboy Dakka Deffgun power cost increased to 30, from 20.
- Mekboy Dakka Deffgun damage reduced to 350, from 450. Damage tuned such that the Mekboy's Deffgun does not ramp up as highly in damage at close range.
- Banner Aura speed bonus reduced to .25, from .45
- Banner Aura received damage modifier reduced to .94 from .91
- Banner Aura received courage damage modifier reduced to .94 from .91
- Banner Aura damage modifier reduced to 1.06 from 1.09
- Supa Tuff Beam energy drain reduced to 3.5/sec from 7/sec.
- Electric Shock energy drain reduced to 4/sec from 5/sec.
- Warboss Kustom Shoota changed to light weapon knockback.
- Warboss Kustom Shoota knockback chance reduced to 10%.
- Warboss Huge Choppa special attack changed to affect only enemy troops.
- Warboss Boss Pole received courage damage modifier reduced to 0.5, from 0.25.
- Stikkbomb damage reduced to 175, from 260.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Stikkbombs to do far less damage than intended.
- Stikkbomb explosions now generate light cover.
- Stormboy Suicide attack now generates light cover.
- Stormboy Nob cost increased to 75/25, from 50/25.
- Kommando Camo Armor requisition cost increased to 100.
- Kommando Kaboom recharge time increased to 20 seconds from 10.
- Kommando Extra Equipment energy bonus reduced to 75, from 235.
- Kommando Remote Detonation now generates light cover.
- Boomtime explosion now generates light cover.
- Kommando ambush ability range reduced to 35 meters from 50
- Kommando shoota range reduced to 25, from 29, damage increased to 30, from 25.
- Burna Bomb damage increased from 10 to 20, damage over time increased to 20 from 15.
- Kommando Nob Leader detection radius set to 30.
- Kommando Nob cost increased to 75/25, from 50/25.
Ork Waaagh shout ability
- Waaagh shout speed bonus reduced to .07 from .1
- Waaagh shout damage bonus reduced to 1.015 from 1.02.
- Waaagh shout received damage reduction decreased to 0.985, from 0.98.
- Waaagh shout received courage damage decreased to 0.996 from 0.985
- Waaagh shout cooldown increased to 90 seconds from 60.
- Detection radius set to 30.
- Ork tank shot now has a 100% chance to generate cover, up from 50%.
- Ork tank Boomgun now always generates cover.
- Fixed a bug where the death of synapse creatures hurt the Tyranids around them twice instead of once.
- Tyrannoformation tendrils now all generate light cover.
- Fixed an issue with all Warrior and Zoanthrope synapse auras not increasing in effect with level. Additionally, the bonuses gained from leveling will stack with other synapse creatures.
- Brood Nest biomass cost increased to 225 from 175.
- Hive Tyrant charge range increased from 10 to 15 meters, cooldown of charge decreased to 4 seconds from 6, speed increased to 4.5 from 4.
- Health increased by 200.
- Spore mine explosion radius reduced to 8, from 15.
- Detection radius set to 30.
- Flesh hook damage reduced to 180 from 230, can no longer target platforms.
- HP increased to 600 from 500.
- Damage decreased to 34, from 51.
- Ravener Devourer damage increased to 85 from 68, cooldown reduced to 1.4 from 1.8.
- Fleet of Claw removed from Ravener squad.
- Ravener Burrow now generates light cover.
- Ravener Toxic Miasma damage reduced to 15 per tick, from 20.
- Catalyst damage taken reduced to 50% over 10 seconds, damage multiplier increased to 2.25, from 2.
- Increased damage of warrior melee with adrenal glands to 60, from 42.
- Increased cost of warrior adrenal glands to 100/30, from 50/15.
- Termagant knockdown chance while under ranged synapse reduced to 25%, from 35%.
- Zoanthrope reload reduced to 8 seconds, from 10.3
- Fixed an issue with the Zoanthrope losing energy when leveling.
- Increased cost of Venom Cannon to 100/30, from 30/10.
- Increased cost of Barbed Strangler to 100/30, from 30/10.
- Grenade Spiking, where your squad can drop a grenade at their feet to kill enemy melee units and your squad doesn't take any damage, is an issue we're aware of and will be addressed for the first retail patch.
Luckily, I have only been playing the Dawn of War 2 beta for a few days so I don't think that these extensive changes are going to affect me too much - but we shall see. I hope to get some time this weekend to figure things out and test the new changes in 1v1 and 3v3 battles. Will I buy Dawn of War 2? I think that how this patch works itself out will determine what happens.